Thursday, March 12, 2009

So, what really is the controversy??

You may be asking yourself, why is this topic controversial. Vaccinations are something many people take forgranted and have never considered the implications that could be associated with innoculating a child. Vaccines are generally safe, however, there are occasional adverse events that can occur with giving a vaccination. The most common are probably auto-immune reactions that occur as a result of introducting a foreign substance to the body. There have been questions regarding certain diseases and a possible link to vaccinations, but these have proved to be unrealated. An example of this is the question many have asked regarding the relationship of autism and vaccines. There have not been any significant findings in regards to this. For most families the risk of disease that is associated with not vaccinating a child involves much more risk than the chance that your child will experience an adverse reaction!

18 comments:

  1. This is great information and it helps to show the issue might not be as much of a controversy as seemed! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are 3 people in my office with severly autistic children. They have done significant research and fee very strongly that there is a link between vaccinations, specifically the mercury in vac, and autism. I'm not sure if there is a link or not, but it does make you wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister has 3 little boys and she was thinking about not getting vaccinations for them b/c of the supposed link to autism. However, after studying up on the issue she realized that it would probably be more dangerous to not get the vaccinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This issue really requires more media involvement (can't believe I'm saying that)! People need to better understand what vaccination do and do not do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you explain the increasing rise in the cases of Autism?

    ReplyDelete
  6. While normally I'd side with alternative medication, I see vaccinations as being slightly different.

    I don't agree with the amount of unnecessary medication most people subject themselves to. However, I do see vaccinations for major diseases as falling into a different category.

    While it's easy to wish there is something simple you can do to prevent autism or something simple you can blame it on, the sad truth is that with no proven link between the two, the risk of not getting the vaccines for the major illnesses far outweighs the risk of unproven suppositions.

    I'd much rather relax and drink a cup of tea to cure a headache than take an aspirin, but without more proof, I can't support not giving vaccines to toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The risk adherent to vaccinations pales in comparison of the consequences on not getting a vaccination. Not only does not getting vaccines put the child in danger but also many other people as well if the illness it prevents is contagious. Its irresponsible not to get the vaccines that the majority of the medical community knows is relatively safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know research has proven no link with the mercury in vaccines which they have taken out causing autism. I know serveral parents with children with autism think the schedule of vaccines and amount given at one time may have something to do with the high increase of autism. Children today certainly get more vaccinations than years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I work with children with austism and have heard and read a lot about this debate. I am from the side that thinks vaccinations are TOO important to NOT give them your child. I recently read an article titled "Put the Debate Over Autism and Vaccines to Rest". From my understanding, the case that won in court for vaccinations and a relation to Autism pertained to a child who already had disabilities (Mitochondrial Disease, I think)and characterics of Autism - these just increased following vaccination. Hopefully further research will prove this. My belief is that you must vaccinate your child to prevent VERY proven and clear harm (polio, etc.) rather than to avoid an unproven and unclear link to Autism. Children die from polio, small pox, etc. and while Autism is truly tragic, NOT vaccinating puts your child's immune system and life at risk while vaccinating does not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It would really be nice to hear from a parent whose child has autism. It's real easy to sit on the side lines and say 'get the shots' until your child is the one who has autism.
    Everyone acts like the government has everything wrapped up nice and tight, and that they wouldn't let anything out that could endanger a child. Does no one remember things like for example: the morning sickness pill that was released for women with severe morning sickness? The government said, "here you go", and there were thousands of major birth defects as a result.
    My point is, I still have fears about vaccinations, and I'm not comfortable that the government has done everything possible to protect us. They look at the big picture, they don't care that a certain percentage of people's children will be negatively affected. It doesn't really hit home until it's your child or grandchild that becomes one of the statistics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK... I don't think you have hit all the areas of controversy. Check out the article on this site: http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Vaccination-And-Abortion-

    Many people have no issue with vaccinations per se, but rather the fact that certain vaccines are cultured on aborted fetus tissues.

    Perhaps this question should be added to the mix?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with Tammy... it doesn't really hit home until it's YOUR child. We need to all keep asking questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. VACCINES SAVE LIVES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is informative and the debate over autism and vaccines continues. I am glad to at least have our medical community willing to research this in order to help parents who are trying to make the best decisions for the well-being of their child. However, to not immunize at all, is a sad but true reality. I am amazed how many children are not immunized until they enroll in school! That is one law that I appreciate having!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I babysit for a chiropractor who believes that vaccinations are unnecessary, actually harmful. He claims that as long as you keep the body well-adjusted, and take the right supplements you shouldn't need them!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. My child lost almost all of his speech between 15 and 22 months. Nothing out of the ordinary happened to him that could have possible caused this - except that he had received all of his vaccinations on schedule. I believe the first responsibility of doctors and the medical profession is to do no harm. There are thousands of parents, myself included, who believe their child(ren) were harmed by the vaccinations they received. Can anyone explain why a perfectly healthy toddler would lose speech? The vaccinations are the only explanation I can come up with.

    While my son was in speech therapy to overcome this challenge, I joined an email list for parents of children with speech disorders. There was a mom on the list who had a similar experience to mine. Her son lost speech between his first and second year of life. He went through speech therapy and was almost back to normal. He went in and received his five-year immunizations, and the same thing happened again. They went back to square one with learning speech all over again. You can bet that mom believes immunizations are harmful!

    The reason the researchers aren't finding a connection between immunizations and autism is because they don't want to. It's all about money. The liability would be unimaginable. The pharmaceutical companies who make the vaccines, the government and American Academy of Pediatrics who push the vaccines, all have huge incentive to not find a link.

    Think about the childhood diseases that are all on the rise: autism, ADD, ADHD, diabetes, food allergies, asthma, etc. They all have an immunilogical connection. Does the fact that we have been increasing the number of immunizations our children receive have anything to do with the increase in all these diseases? I believe they do.

    I would rather my children be accidentally stricken with some deadly disease than to cause a lifelong debilitating condition by injecting them with immunizations that we know too little about.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had all of my children vaccinated with no adverse effects. I realize that may not be the case for everyone. I have a friend who child was fine before being vaccinated and afterward at some point that child was never quite the same-however they could never postively link it to the vaccine. I think we still need more research in this area, if it does cause autism it would be helpful to know which vaccine caused it and not just quit having children vaccinated altgether because it MIGHT be harmful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Irrespective of receiving daily oral or future injectable depot therapies, these require health care visits for medication and monitoring of safety and response. If patients are treated early enough, before a lot of immune system damage has occurred, life expectancy is close to normal, as long as they remain on successful treatment. However, when patients stop therapy, virus rebounds to high levels in most patients, sometimes associated with severe illness because i have gone through this and even an increased risk of death. The aim of “cure”is ongoing but i still do believe my government made millions of ARV drugs instead of finding a cure. for ongoing therapy and monitoring. ARV alone cannot cure HIV as among the cells that are infected are very long-living CD4 memory cells and possibly other cells that act as long-term reservoirs. HIV can hide in these cells without being detected by the body’s immune system. Therefore even when ART completely blocks subsequent rounds of infection of cells, reservoirs that have been infected before therapy initiation persist and from these reservoirs HIV rebounds if therapy is stopped. “Cure” could either mean an eradication cure, which means to completely rid the body of reservoir virus or a functional HIV cure, where HIV may remain in reservoir cells but rebound to high levels is prevented after therapy interruption.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.(measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)
    Hpv,All Cancer Types,Diabetes,Hepatitis,I read about him online how he cure Tasha and Tara so i contacted him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / info@drituaherbalcenter.com. even talked on whatsapps +2348149277967 believe me it was easy i drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and i was cured just like that isn't Dr Itua a wonder man? Yes he is! I thank him so much so i will advise if you are suffering from one of those diseases Pls do contact him he's a nice man.

    ReplyDelete